There’s a lot of information out on the Internet and in the media about what you can buy your dad or, man in your life, a Father’s Day gift. We even put together a list of Aurorae products that make great Father’s Day gifts! However, sometimes the best way to show your dad you care and are thankful for his presence, is through experiences, not gifts. Here are our suggestions on alternative ways to celebrate your dad this Father’s Day.
- Take him to a yoga class at your local studio. We always suggest this because it’s such a beautiful way to spend time with your dad and also allow you both to get the benefits of yoga. If dad is up to it, try a power yoga class that is challenging and rigorous.
- Cook a meal together. Make an experience out of the meal. Think up a menu together, go to the store or farmer’s market together, prep and cook and clean together. This is a great way to bond with dad over food; maybe you can even exchange cooking tips!
- Take him to a concert/ball game/festival. Find a fun, local event going on that your dad might enjoy and surprise him with tickets. You guys can bond over your love of Elton John together!
- Pamper him. Men deserve some TLC too; book a massage at your local spa and let dad relax and rejuvenate.
- Get the whole family together. Sometimes the biggest gift is having the family together. Make the effort to go see him, and if you have siblings, convince them to go as well. Make your dad feel loved by having everyone together just spending quality time.
Whether you buy dad a gift or an experience, he is sure to feel loved and appreciated. Do you have a favorite alternative way to treat Dad for Father’s Day?