With Mother’s Day right around the corner, there is a lot of talk around the web about what gifts you can buy for your mom, grandmother, aunt, godmother and other mothers in your life, to show your love and appreciation. Even Aurorae has some suggestions!
But, sometimes the simplest gift of your time can go a long way. Your mom is your mom and she will absolutely love any time you spend thinking about her. So, whether you are looking to spend time with your mom as a Mother’s Day gift, or in addition to a gift, we have some ideas for you:
- Take her to a yoga class. You probably could have guessed this would be our first suggestion! Participating in a yoga class with your mom can be a very bonding experience. Take her to a class that fits her level and needs; if your mom has never tried yoga, suggest a gentle or restorative class. If she is a fitness guru, maybe ask her to join you for a power yoga class. Just practicing next to one another and sharing the energy of the practice can be very special. Don’t forget to bring your Aurorae yoga mat!
- Cook her a meal. Right or not, many moms can be found around the house picking up after her kids (and husband), cooking and cleaning. Treat your mom by cooking her a meal while she kicks up her feet and relaxes. You can make it special by planning out the menu to her liking, going to the store, prepping, cooking, and then cleaning up after.
- Write her a letter. This one is FREE and so easy, and yet it can bring such joy. Write her a personal letter to let her know you love her and appreciate her. It can be funny, sweet, sentimental, or silly, and she will most likely love it and be moved that you took the time to tell her how you feel.
- Take her on a getaway. Whether it’s a day trip, weekend getaway, or a longer adventure, take your mom on a trip to take a break from day to day life and refresh. Spending time together in a new setting without worrying about anything for a little while will be great for you both! If you are heading to the beach, be sure to bring your Aurorae Aqua Beach Towel!
- Have a spa day in. Mom’s deserve pampering, but a spa day for two can be very expensive. You can create your own spa day at home; all you need is your favorite products, such as facial masks, nail polish, and some aromatherapy candles. This way you can both be pampered without the huge expense.
If you’re fortunate enough to have your mom around, what do you have planned? If you have any suggestions for our readers, we’d love to hear them!